Wednesday 26 October 2011

Radio 5

For those not following my twitter feed, I'm going to be taking part in Dr Karl's live science phone-in, tonight, on BBC Radio 5's Up all Night with Rhod Sharp. Our segment is supposed to go out between 2.30 and 3.30 AM although it might shift a bit depending on the running schedule. The program will be available on iplayer for those in the UK.

Dr Karl and I did a couple of radio shows back last year and had a great time. We were in the same studio in Sydney then; now we're a tiny bit further apart...

3 comments:

  1. I am going to check this out. Is this the best time for Science on the Radio? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alastair:

    Can you give us some tidbits about BRE?

    How fast do the interstellar ships travel and what type of propulsion do they use?

    I'd guess about .5c and some kind of fusion (I'd guess inertial confinement using He3). Not quite as cool as quark gluon plasma from the big bang; but much more realistic.

    How close am I?

    I can't wait for BRE!!!!

    Gus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gus - No interstellar travel in BRE - the main action is entirely confined to the solar system, with max velocities around 30 -50 kps. Very much an extrapolation based on current stuff on the drawing board.

    Al R

    ReplyDelete